Join us at the 13th Annual Utah Humanities Council Book Festival, Oct. 19-23, an annual celebration bringing readers and writers together.
This year, TKE is pleased to be presenting Thomas McGuane, Saturday, October 23.
The Book Festival is full of book-related
festivities — celebrating literacy and IDEAS — including author
readings, author signings, panel discussions, live music, exhibitors,
family activities & more! Also, lots of activities for children,
including book arts and a working replica of the Gutenberg press, the
Festival features a “Mash-Up” writing competition to be judged by Quirk
Publishing’s David Borgenicht.
13th Annual Utah Humanities Book Festival takes places in eleven
different communities across Utah in October, National Book Month. The
anchor festival in Salt Lake City (Oct. 1, 19, 20-23) features an
all-star lineup of poets, fiction writers, historians and other
Special appearances include:
- internationally best-selling author of suspense thrillers Tess Gerritsen
(Rizzoli and Isles series, debuting soon on TNT)
- esteemed Iraqi-vet/poet Brian Turner (Phantom Noise)
- bi-lingual children’s author Rene Colon Lainez (From North To South:
Del Norte al Sur)
- New Yorker regular Ian Frazier (Travels in Siberia)
- Plus many other national, state and local authors