Hail Victory: An Oral History of the Washington Redskins (Paperback)
A you-are-there history of one of football's most successful and beloved teams Who is the greatest quarterback in Redskins history? Baugh? Jurgensen? Theismann? Rypien? However you answer that question, you'll find plenty of evidence to support your argument in Hail Victory. Based on sportswriter Thom Loverro's exclusive interviews with a host of the greatest players ever to wear the team jersey, this comprehensive history of the tradition-rich Washington Redskins puts you on the 50-yard line to witness all of the team's most memorable moments and meet its greatest players, and you'll hear what they have to say about the brightest and darkest moments from the Skins' past. You'll discover:
* Sonny Jurgensen's last conversation with Vince Lombardi
* Jeff Rutledge's account of ""the Greatest Comeback in Football History""
* Joe Theismann's take on the tackle that ended his career
* How George Allen assembled the ""Over the Hill Gang""
* Joe Jacoby's Hog's-eye view of all three Redskins Super Bowl victories
* Gene Pepper's memories of playing with the legendary Sammy Baugh
* And much more You'll also find color photos of outstanding players and coaches in action, including Lombardi, George Allen, Theismann, Jurgensen, Joe Gibbs, and many others. If you love the Skins, you must have Hail Victory.
About the Author
Thom Loverro is a sports columnist for the "Washington Times." His feature articles have appeared in "Sports Illustrated," the "New York Times," the "Philadelphia Inquirer," "Sport" magazine, and others. He has been a guest on a number of television programs on HBO, ESPN, and many network affiliates.