Think Business! Medical Practice Quality, Efficiency, Profits, 2nd Edition (Paperback)
Thousands of physicians and practice managers have relied on the previous edition of this book. In this revised and updated 2nd Edition, nationally recognized expert, Owen Dahl, provides the vital information that top business schools teach. Think Business Is designed for the busy professional as a "mini-MBA" for the medical practice environment. If you own, run, or have anything to do with a healthcare practice, you must read this book.
Written in a clear style, the revised edition covers the changes occurring in healthcare and reimbursement including the move from volume to "value." All examples and content relate to the daily operations and activities that occur in a healthcare practice.
New for this Edition
- Where to look first to control costs? We'll give you the first 3 places to look
- Complete overhaul of the Finance section
- MACRA, MIPS, PQRS, VBPM - Alphabet Soup
- How much does it cost you to see a patient? (cost differentials of new patient vs. established patient, one office vs. another office, one provider vs. another provider...
- Step-by-step guide to revenue cycle management (RCM)
- What is the expected profit margins on certain patient services?
- Basics of a strong compliance policy
- Risk Management: choose the MedMal policy right for you
- Volume to Value-based reimbursement
- How Scenario Planning works well in a medical practice
- Quadrant matrix to aid in decisions regarding ancillaries
- Tips on benchmarking the practice
- Avoiding risk of embezzlement
- Coaching behaviors
- Managing multi-generational teams
BONUS: Case studies that illustrate the change to pay-for-performance, risk management, ACA impact.
Filled with winning techniques -- With Think Business 2nd Edition, You will learn:
- Financial fundamentals - how to keep tabs on the practice
- Employees as assets: How to recruit and retain them
- How to differentiate your practice from your competition
- Setting the stage for pay-for-performance and quality of care
- Why individual physicians - and their executive staff should care about satisfied patients and quality outcomes
- Motivate employees to build great teams; it's not only about money
Packed with plenty of take-home value, you can count on Owen Dahl to provide you with the language, the players, and the management techniques to ensure success in your practice. His energy and sense of purpose translates into winning techniques and illustrative case studies. Refer to Think Business often for specific strategies you can implement in your practice today. Improve your bottom line, comply with pay-for-performance and increase the patient satisfaction in your practice.