Heart of Barkness (A Chet & Bernie Mystery #9) (Hardcover)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 9 in the A Chet & Bernie Mystery series.
- #2: Thereby Hangs a Tail: A Chet and Bernie Mystery (The Chet and Bernie Mystery Series #2) (Paperback): $16.00
- #4: The Dog Who Knew Too Much: A Chet and Bernie Mystery (The Chet and Bernie Mystery Series #4) (Hardcover): Email or call for price.
- #5: A Fistful of Collars: A Chet and Bernie Mystery (The Chet and Bernie Mystery Series #5) (Hardcover): Email or call for price.
- #6: The Sound and the Furry: A Chet and Bernie Mystery (The Chet and Bernie Mystery Series #6) (Paperback): $16.99
- #7: Paw and Order: A Chet and Bernie Mystery (The Chet and Bernie Mystery Series #7) (Paperback): $17.00
- #8: Scents and Sensibility: A Chet and Bernie Mystery (The Chet and Bernie Mystery Series #8) (Paperback): $16.99
- #10: Of Mutts and Men (A Chet & Bernie Mystery #10) (Hardcover): $26.99
THE INSTANT USA TODAY BESTSELLER
Spencer Quinn's Heart of Barkness is the latest in the New York Times bestselling series that the Los Angeles Times called “nothing short of masterful"…
Chet the dog, “the most lovable narrator in all of crime fiction” (Boston Globe) and P.I. Bernie encounter heartache and much worse in the world of country music. They’re both music lovers, so when Lotty Pilgrim, a country singer from long ago, turns up at a local bar, they drive out to catch her act. Bernie’s surprised to see someone who was once so big performing in such a dive, and drops a C-note the Little Detective Agency can’t afford to part with into the tip jar. The C-note is stolen right from under their noses – even from under Chet’s, the nose that misses nothing – and before the night is over, it’s stolen again.
Soon they’re working the most puzzling case of their career, a case that takes them back in time in search of old border-town secrets, and into present-day danger where powerful people want those secrets to stay hidden. Chet and Bernie find themselves sucked into a real-life murder ballad where there is no one to trust but each other.
About the Author
Spencer Quinn is the bestselling author of the Chet and Bernie mystery series, as well as the #1 New York Times bestselling Bowser and Birdie series for middle-grade readers. He lives on Cape Cod with his wife Diana—and dogs Audrey and Pearl.
"Chet, the dog, and Bernie, the PI, are a team made in mystery series heaven. Would that we all were as infallible in our dogs' eyes as Bernie is in Chet's."--Susan Wilson, New York Times bestselling author of Two Good Dogs on Heart of Barkness
“Spencer Quinn speaks two languages—suspense and dog—fluently. Sometimes funny, sometimes touching, and in a few places terrifying … enchanting [and]one-of-a-kind.” —Stephen King on Dog On It
“Nothing short of masterful…. Sequels are a given, and a must.” —Los Angeles Times on Dog On It
“The most winning detective duo since Shaggy met Scooby.” —Christian Science Monitor