Batting is a one-stop shop for all cricket coaches, teachers and players looking for ways to improve batting play. It sets out coaching advice in clear, jargon-free language, with plenty of photographs to add further explanation. Content includes:
- The basics, e.g. getting a good position, the grip
- Technique for each shot with step-by-step illustrated instructions
- Training drills to improve each skill
- Common problems - and how to fix them
- Tactics, e.g. when to use which shot, when to attack or to consolidate
- Advanced play, e.g. the more difficult techniques such as the reverse sweep or the switch hit
The book also includes examples of players, past and present, who are renowned for their expertise in certain techniques, as well as words of advice from the legends.
About the Author
Mark Davis is Head Coach at the specialist cricket school, Millfield, and a former professional cricketer. Sam Collins is a cricket writer.