The Pendleton Field Guide to Camping: (Outdoors Camping Book, Beginner Wilderness Guide) (Hardcover)
From the beloved American heritage brand, The Pendleton Field Guide to Camping is a helpful companion for outdoor enthusiasts and weekend adventurers. Organized into three sections, this handbook offers practical advice on where to go camping, how to go camping, and how to enjoy it once you're there.
The Pendleton Field Guide to Camping begins with a brief overview of the best parks and trails in the United States. The second section contains camp essentials—what to pack and how to plan your camping trip—and the final section contains a series of how-tos.
• Entries include a brief history of national parks, packing lists, and step-by-step tutorials for starting a fire, pitching a tent, and brewing a cup of coffee in the wilderness.
• Filled with tried-and-true advice, illustrations, and informative text
• An inviting and instructive tool for anyone who wants to explore the great outdoors
Whether you're an avid outdoorsperson, a weekend explorer, or an aspirational adventurer, this handbook will inspire you to pack a bag and spend some time in the wilderness.
For over 150 years, Pendleton Woolen Mills has been one of America's most beloved heritage brands. Known for their woolen blankets and clothing, their products are revered by those who love the great outdoors.
• An inviting and instructive tool for those who want to start sleeping under the stars
• Great gift for Pendleton fans, outdoorsy types, and longtime campers and first-timers alike
• Add it to the shelf with books like Bushcraft 101: A Field Guide to the Art of Wilderness Survival by Dave Canterbury, Norwegian Wood: Chopping, Stacking, and Drying Wood the Scandinavian Way by Lars Mytting, and How to Stay Alive in the Woods: A Complete Guide to Food, Shelter and Self-Preservation Anywhere by Bradford Angier
About the Author
Pendleton Woolen Mills has been producing its world-class wool textiles and iconic designs in the American Northwest for more than 150 years.
"This camping handbook from the makers of Pendleton blankets is a thoughtful gift for an outdoor enthusiast. It's filled with colorful illustrations and step-by-step guides for novice campers-including how to brew a good cup of coffee in the wilderness."-The Pioneer Woman