The Art of Doubles: Winning Tennis Strategies and Drills (Paperback)
Take Your Doubles Game to the Next Level Whether you're trying to improve your doubles game or are just getting started playing tennis with a partner, The Art of Doubles is the book for you. Author Pat Blaskower is your personal coach, guiding and encouraging you and your partner to play winning tennis by showing you how to: - choose a compatible partner
- determine your jobs on the court
- learn poaching skills
- communicate with each other and opposing teams
- maintain mental toughness
- use various formations and strategies
- pick your shots intelligently
- decide where to play: tournaments or leagues
- and much, much more The book also includes detailed court diagrams that show you how to execute offense, defense, and tactical plays; checklists that summarize the most important points of each chapter; and on-court drills to help you improve and refine your skills. The Art of Doubles is loaded with practical, proven tennis strategies that you can put to work immediately to see improvements in your own doubles game.
About the Author
Pat Blaskower was ranked number one in the nation in Women's 35 Doubles, number one in Northern California in Women's Open Doubles, Women's 35 Doubles and Women's 40 Doubles. From 1985 to 1999 she coached league teams in Marin County and was the head tennis professional at the Mill Valley Tennis Club. In 1999 she moved to Connecticut where, for the past eight years, every league team she has coached has reached districts, sectionals or nationals.