"Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher"
Lonely Planet Russia is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Admire the colorful patterns of St Basil's Cathedral, relax in the steam room of a banya, or visit the Hermitage for an exquisite art collection; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Russia and begin your journey now
Inside Lonely Planet Russia Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlightsand itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential infoat your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviewsfor all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including customs, history, art, literature, cinema, music, architecture, politics, landscapes, wildlife, and cuisine
- Over 118 localmaps
- Useful features - including What's New, Month-by-Month (annual festival calendar), and Walking Tours
- Coverage of Moscow, St Petersburg, Golden Ring, the Kaliningrad Region, the Urals, the Volga Region, Western Siberia, Russian Caucasus, Eastern Siberia, Russian Far East, Kola, Vologda, Tula, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Russia, our most comprehensive guide to Russia, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less travelled.
- Looking for a guide focused on Moscow or St Petersburg? Check out Lonely Planet's Moscow guide or St Petersburg guide for a comprehensive look at all that each of these cities has to offer.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Simon Richmond, Marc Bennetts, Greg Bloom, Marc Di Duca, Anthony Haywood, Tom Masters, Leonid Ragozin, Tamara Sheward, Regis St Louis, and Mara Vorhees.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
"TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards 2012 and 2013 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category"
"'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times""'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)