Local hiker Ashley Brown will be at the County Library Millcreek Branch for an in-person discussion about her new guidebook, Urban Trails: Salt Lake City. This event is free and open to the public.
Pre-order your copy of Urban Trails: Salt Lake City today, by either calling the store at 801-484-9100 or ordering online.
About the book:
Urban Trails: Salt Lake City is designed to get residents and visitors alike outside on more than 40 routes in the beautiful parks, canyons, and mountains in and around this fast-growing city. Whether readers are looking to walk, run, or hike, this full-color guide offers a wide range of options from short, easy jaunts to more challenging all-day hikes. From the network of preserves and parks close-in to the more rugged canyons and majestic Wasatch peaks just outside the city, readers will find a plethora of choices for enjoying all that the area has to offer.
This accessible guidebook includes:
- Detailed trailhead directions that include public transportation options whenever available
- Information on the area's wildflowers and flowering shrubs and trees
- Amenities for each destination such as restrooms, picnic facilities, playgrounds, and more
- Trail distance, high point, elevation gain, and other details
- Info for families with kids, dog owners, and winter trail users
About the author:
Lifelong Utah resident Ashley Brown hails from Pleasant Grove and spent her childhood playing in the foothills of Mount Timpanogos. Wilderness conservation is a crucial component in how she writes and recreates--walking, hiking, and running in the mountains for rejuvenation. Her writing has appeared in a variety of Utah-based travel and outdoor publications, including Utah Adventure Journal, Park City Magazine, Town-Lift, PCStyle Magazine, and Neighbors of Park City Magazine.